Sunday, October 18, 2009

DLS oldtimers weekend retreat

I had the privilege of spending the weekend with six phenomenal women, four of whom I had just had the pleasure of meeting, at Pigeon Lake for the DLS oldtimers retreat :) I am so happy to have connected with these six ladies over the last two days in the most perfect chalet ever imaginable for this special little getaway! Hope had planned out a scavenger hunt for us and an activity where we had to describe each person what we thought of them, in a one or two words and take their picture without anyone seeing the word written! We had delicious food, delicious drinks, games, laughs, stories, AND WE EVEN WATCHED SOME P...retty cool documentary on a photographer :) Here's my weekend!






The word is innovative. I felt a cleverness.. a witty, talented, creative woman who knows hers stuff. And it showed in her work. Yes, I think innovative is a good word for Lisa!



I don't believe there is anything this woman cannot do. I see a strength and willingness to get her self through anything no matter what. Unshakable feisty personality with a sparkle. And in this photo... she seems to have an angel on her shoulder ;)



I don't know what else to say about this one. To me, strength speaks for itself. I did not get to talk a whole lot with Lariena, so choosing a word was a bit difficult. This word I choose was based entirely on the energy I picked up from her. I get a sense that there is willingness and dedication in all aspects of her life, as a mother, a wife, a friend, and a photographer and everything else that she is!. :)



Amy is energetic and full of life and certainly lights up a room when she walks in! I had to go with my instinct on this one. She could have been a many words...To me, she seemed to breathe confidence. Her vibe was determined, positive and, self assured. And I got a sense of compassion from her, towards everyone around her. :)




Brilliant and inspiring. Need I say more? I will anyways.. Hope has been and incredible friend and mentor. Her passion is inspiring and keeps me motivated to keep going when sometimes I don't feel like I can. And it takes a really considerate (lovely, shimmering, fantastic, treasured) person to share such a wealth of knowledge. Thank you for sharing your brilliance with us all! Some many more words I could have wrote....




Everything about this woman says, 'beautiful'. Her looks and her talent, her kindness and warmness, and especially her soft radiant pregnancy glow!! I choose this word to describe her because it summed up all of that into one.












3 comments:

Hope Walls said...

Oh my goodness! That's so funny that we did the second shot of Heather with 'beautiful' lol - you must have been laughing extra-hard on the inside, Amber!

I'm so glad you were able to make it - I'm already looking forward to the next time!!! (And hurry up with the courthouse shoot - I want to see!!!!!)

PixelPie said...

You rock. Plain and simple. ;0) I love what you wrote about each of the girls and I couldn't agree more. A fabulous group of people and I'm so glad you were there!

Courthouse. Here I come! hehe.

Anonymous said...

I love the words that you chose for everyone and you brought tears to my eyes when I read what you wrote about me. Thank you so much. <3